Chief Technology Officer
With tremendous growth in our business and increasing demand for our services, we are expanding the team in exciting ways. We are currently seeking a Chief Technology Officer to join our leadership team and help us grow the company through the development of innovative technology solutions.
As a new CTO, you will be the most senior technical leader and you will be empowered to make key decisions related to system architecture, our end-to-end technology stack and the development and success of the technology team. Working with Product and Business teams you will shape the infrastructure for the new digital platform, connecting multiple stakeholders and partners while ultimately creating and delivering employee benefits for thousands of small employers and millions of working Americans. Our platform will be used by employee benefits consultants and brokers, insurance carriers, and other service providers to deliver a modern, connected, and digital experience to all.
AS CTO, you will create the vision and develop the strategy and manage all technology services including core services, security, APIs, developer productivity, client platforms, data infrastructure and developer tools. You will lead the hiring of the engineering talent and establish the tools, methodologies, and culture for the team
- Create and execute a long-term technology vision while delivering on the immediate objectives that meet the needs of the fast-growing business
- Develop, implement, and manage strategic technology roadmap focused on infrastructure, core platform, security, data, API integrations capabilities, all that are in line with product roadmap and company business objectives
- Act as the lead technical architect
- Build and inspire every day an outstanding team of engineers with a culture of One and a Can-Do attitude
- Be willing to roll up the sleeves, code and do grunt work where necessary
- Build industry leading employee benefits consulting platform helping brokers and carriers serve their mutual clients
- Establish technology infrastructure and develop products and services for the API Platform to enable scalable, rapid, and efficient creation of API products as well as efficient, repeatable implementation of private partner integrations
- Creatively address external data acquisition strategy with sources at a various degree of technological maturity
- Be the driving force for technology innovation and solutions that moves our company, our clients, and partners away from legacy mental models, paper-based processes, stale customer experience models.
- Outline the goals for technology research and development
- Manage technology budgets
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- An Advanced Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar filed
- 10+ years of hands-on engineering experience developing at-scale, product-oriented software using leading cloud offerings and delivering production-quality coding in common programming languages and frameworks
- Strong technical and engineering skills including hands-on experience as an engineer
- Hands on ability of building, running, and scaling a team of engineers and data professionals, attracting outstanding talent, and creating a culture of innovation and technical excellence.
- Experience working on consumer-facing products preferably in financial services requiring complex workflows and data models
- Technical experience running an at-scale enterprise product, utilizing the best-in-class cloud, APIs, and database architectures
- Software development background and large-scale API Platform development and management
- Deep knowledge of software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, DevOps)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, trade- offs and new ideas with all stakeholders
- Results-oriented leader with a strong orientation towards relentless execution and getting things done.
- Tenacious leader who can push harder or look for alternative approaches when needed
- Self-starter who enjoys autonomy and ability to build own process, but a great team player thriving in collaborative nonhierarchical environment.
Centro Benefits Research is an employee benefits service organization providing research, analysis, and process facilitation for employee benefits consultants and insurance carriers. Insurance is complicated and often painful for those who deal with processes that have not kept pace with advancements in digital technology. Our mission at Centro is to bring modern technology to a legacy insurance process and help all stakeholders in the system work more efficiently. The greater purpose? Bringing a modern customer experience and peace of mind to millions of working Americans who depend on their financial protection through health insurance and employee benefits at work.
In February 2020 our small team joined OneDigital, the nation’s leading health, retirement/wealth, and HR advisory firms focused on empowering business growth for employers of all sizes. This move to join OneDigital will help us realize the full potential of our mission, and our near-term vision to stand up a ground-breaking digital platform that helps reimagine how employee benefits are managed. The work we are involved in right now will effectively modernize and digitize the entire benefits experience in the way that today’s consumer expects.