API Program Lead
With tremendous growth in our business and increasing demand for our services, we are expanding the team and seeking API Program Lead to join our Product Team. You will help stand up and then lead the team with a mission to create new business value from our digital ecosystem of connected partners.
You will work with the engineering team, business stakeholders and our business partners to design and implement digital plumbing to enable data integrations at scale. You will use your creativity, business acumen, market and domain knowledge to design and build new products and services for our customers that drive innovative value, exponential growth, scale, and operational efficiencies for our organization. You will be acting as a business strategist, product designer, market analyst, customer liaison, and project manager responsible for maximizing the value of the products created by a scrum development team.
This is a new role with a newly created team of digital product and technology experts. You will work with a high degree of autonomy collaborating with like-minded teammates building software from the ground up. You will help create the vision, strategy and goals that are aligned with business objectives. You will be the link between the high-level perspective and the day-to-day work of your agile development team ensuring cohesive vision and the flexibility of the fast-paced agile product development are maintained and well balanced.
If you are a brave and tenacious team player with a passion for innovation, problem-solving, challenging the status quo, and always looking for a better way of doing things, you will love working here.
- Take active role in defining the vision for the API Technology Platform and API Product Portfolio
- Communicate with stakeholders and partners to ensure the API Products and the digital eco-system vision aligns with the business and customer goals and objectives
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into API data connectivity product features and stories
- Collaborate with our major trading carrier partners on creating digital process maps, domain models and data exchange strategies leading to robust and scalable API Products for various types of data integrations
- Work with engineering team on the development and delivery of the API Management Platform technology for scalable, rapid, and efficient creation of APIs
- Oversee implementation of partner integrations
- Be the Go-To Internal SME for any external data acquisition needs
- Use Agile methodologies to assess the value of product features, develop business cases, and prioritize features and stories to ensure work aligns with the overall product strategy and customer value
- Lead the Agile development team ensuring the team is focused on the product vision and delivery commitments
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog
- Groom backlog to ensure the team has just the right amount of workload
- Work closely with Product Management and other POs to coordinate product backlog, release planning and dependencies
- Lead the Iteration Planning and Product Releases
- Play key role in surfacing and mitigating impediments impacting team’s objectives
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Min 5 years of working experience as an Agile Product Owner or other relevant role in the Agile Software development
- Complete understanding of Insurance operations and key data used in processing core transactions
- Ability to read JSON, YAML and/or REST API’s highly desired
- Familiarity with API concepts and technologies and tools such as OpenAPI/Swagger highly desired
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field preferred
- Experience with API Management Platform architecture and integrations
- Excellent knowledge of various ETL protocols and tools
- Ability to dissect complex processes and translate them into digital product functionality
- Creative thinker with a passion for solving complex problems
- Hands-on experience with developing digital solutions focused on process improvements
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Sharp analytical and financial modeling skills
- Working knowledge of product development architecture
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Enjoys being part of a small team with a big mission
Centro Benefits Research is an employee benefits service organization providing research, analysis, and process facilitation for employee benefits consultants and insurance carriers. Insurance is complicated and often painful for those who deal with processes that have not kept pace with advancements in digital technology. Our mission at Centro is to bring modern technology to a legacy insurance process and help all stakeholders in the system work more efficiently. The greater purpose? Bringing a modern customer experience and peace of mind to millions of working Americans who depend on their financial protection through health insurance and employee benefits at work.
In February 2020 our small team joined OneDigital, the nation’s leading health, retirement/wealth, and HR advisory firms focused on empowering business growth for employers of all sizes. This move to join OneDigital will help us realize the full potential of our mission, and our near-term vision to stand up a ground-breaking digital platform that helps reimagine how employee benefits are managed. The work we are involved in right now will effectively modernize and digitize the entire benefits experience in the way that today’s consumer expects.