API Partner Integration Lead
With tremendous growth in our business and increasing demand for our services, we are expanding the team and seeking an API Partner Integration Lead to join our API Program Team. In this role, you will work with the engineering, product, and connecting partner teams to design and implement digital plumbing, which will enable data integrations between our software and insurance carrier, or other service provider partner software. You will be integral part of the API Program which is responsible for extracting business and customer value from digital partnerships.
You will run all aspects of complex API integrations with major insurance carriers and other partners. You will coordinate all activities and deliverables to ensure the implementation is successful and then provide ongoing oversight and management of the connectivity with the partner in production.
This is a new role with a newly created team of digital product and technology experts. You will work with a high degree of autonomy collaborating with like-minded teammates building software from the ground up. You will help create the vision, strategy and goals that are aligned with business objectives.
If you are a brave and tenacious team player with a passion for innovation, problem-solving, challenging the status quo, and always looking for a better way of doing things, you will love working here.
- Take active role in defining integration strategy and the API Product Portfolio
- Research and understand at a granular level the data and the process wrapped in the API product for both Centro and the connected carrier
- Participate in the technical planning & requirements gathering phases for all development iterations to contribute to the API product design and use it as a foundation for managing the partner integration strategy and process
- Partner with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as execution schedule
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to anticipate and address the impact of the API integration might have on various operational and business functions
- Develop efficient, repeatable standard approach to implementation effort for various of API integrations
- Manage end-to-end implementation of the API integration with each partner
- Facilitate all stages of the project including discovery and requirements gathering, technical and operational analysis, project plan and timeline, budget, testing, move to production, postproduction audit
- Work with connecting partner to gather any custom requirements, define unique operational workflows and processing rules, respond to requests and questions
- Extremely high attention to detail in planning and managing the project cadence
- Work with Production Support on troubleshooting production issues including root cause analysis, operational impact mitigation, coordinate fix if necessary
- Schedule and facilitate all implementation meetings maintaining tight communications between all stakeholders, and tracking deliverables, risks, impediments, mitigation plans etc.
- Maintain appropriate project documentation using project board
- Oversee testing of the integration
- Maintain best practices and proactively seek opportunities for efficiency improvements
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- PMI/PMP certification preferred
- Superior project management skills and acumen with min. 5 years of demonstrable experience in technology or high-volume operational function
- Comfortable handling multiple projects simultaneously with ability to confidently prioritize and manage time and deliverables
- Complete understanding of Insurance operations and key data used in processing core transactions
- Experience working with internet-based services, online applications, or other technology-based projects
- Solid experience with Agile methodology
- Understanding of API technology, architecture and integrations a plus
- Good knowledge of various ETL protocols and tools i.e. EDI desired
- Creative thinker with a passion for solving complex problems and getting things done
- Self-starter with ability to balance priorities and work in a lean environment
- Outstanding troubleshooting, communication, presentation, documentation, and leadership skills
- Enjoys being part of a team with a big mission
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Enjoys being part of a smaller team with a big mission
Centro Benefits Research is an employee benefits service organization providing research, analysis, and process facilitation for employee benefits consultants and insurance carriers. Insurance is complicated and often painful for those who deal with processes that have not kept pace with advancements in digital technology. Our mission at Centro is to bring modern technology to a legacy insurance process and help all stakeholders in the system work more efficiently. The greater purpose? Bringing a modern customer experience and peace of mind to millions of working Americans who depend on their financial protection through health insurance and employee benefits at work.
In February 2020 our small team joined OneDigital, the nation’s leading health, retirement/wealth, and HR advisory firms focused on empowering business growth for employers of all sizes. This move to join OneDigital will help us realize the full potential of our mission, and our near-term vision to stand up a ground-breaking digital platform that helps reimagine how employee benefits are managed. The work we are involved in right now will effectively modernize and digitize the entire benefits experience in the way that today’s consumer expects.